3 WAYS YOUR SECURITY SYSTEM CAN ENHANCE PATIENT EXPERIENCE
Patient and staff safety are an obvious front line concern in any healthcare facility and the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) has classified workplace violence into three major categories:
- Criminal Intent: The perpetrator has no legitimate relationship to the business or to it’s employees and is usually committing a crime in conjunction with the violence (robbery, assault, etc.)
- Customer/Client: Unfortunately, this is the most commonly reported issue in healthcare settings and occurs most frequently in emergency, psychiatric, or trauma departments.
- Worker on Worker: Commonly referred to as “lateral violence”, worker-on-worker abuse manifests as bullying, verbal and emotional abuse that is unfair and can negatively impact staff wellbeing and performance. Common instances are directed at persons “low on the food chain” such as a supervisor to supervisee, doctor to nurse, etc.
scDataCom can help you reduce the risk of workplace violence, optimize patient/staff safety and enhance customer experience by integrating Video Surveillance with your existing Access Control and Intrusion Detection system. Integrating these solutions allows facility managers optimal threat prevention, and management, on all fronts -from securing patient privacy, safeguarding patient and staff physical safety, to monitoring inpatient security and stability. Most healthcare facilities are operating with limited personnel and are always on the lookout for ways to optimize resources in order to ensure that things run safely and smoothly.
Did you know that a good security system can help to improve your everyday processes and, in turn, increase your staff’s efficiency and your customers’ satisfaction?
Next Level Incident Prevention and Response
- Ensure that Restricted Access rooms or wings within your facility are secure from trespassers
- Help security managers and personnel discreetly monitor, track and detect suspicious activity.
- Provide enhanced video analytics with remote zoom & focus capabilities, Optimized IR Illumination, outdoor-ready and vandal resistant capabilities – ensure that all video footage is clear and optimized for forensic viewing to aid authorities in case of an incident.
- Quickly evaluate incidents and protect your facility against false claims
Provide Remote Monitoring and 24/7 Patient Care
- Provide remote patient monitoring and help to evaluate and prioritize patient alarms
- Effectively monitor high risk areas such as Emergency Rooms, Psychiatry Departments and Pharmacies to ensure staff safety
- Ability to perform “counting” of patients and pharmaceuticals remotely, and provide playback to ensure no errors occur.
Raise the Bar on Customer Experience
- Help department managers monitor and direct patient flow and patient/customer interactions for increased awareness of customer service issues, patient status, & staff performance
- Increase peace of mind with a visible system